Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE: OMI), a FORTUNE 500 company and a leading distributor of medical and surgical supplies to the acute-care market and a healthcare supply-chain management company, announced that it has won two prestigious awards from the Premier healthcare alliance. Owens & Minor, named the sole winner of this year’s Polaris Award, was also a recipient of the Pinnacle Award. The award winners were announced on June 7, 2012, at Premier’s 2012 Annual Breakthroughs Conference and Exhibition, held this year in Nashville, Tennessee.
“Winning these awards over many consecutive years validates Owens & Minor’s ability to provide high quality distribution services to our hospital customers every single day,” said Craig R. Smith, president & chief executive officer of Owens & Minor. “We are honored that Premier and the Premier member hospitals value our services, as much as we value our relationships with them.”
The Premier healthcare alliance recognized Owens & Minor with the following awards:
- Owens & Minor, for the fourth consecutive year, was named a winner of the annual Pinnacle Award, which honors suppliers that “support attainment of mutual goals, drive contract utilization and are committed to performance improvement.” While Premier contracts with more than 1,000 suppliers, Owens & Minor was one of only 27 suppliers honored with the Pinnacle Award this year.
- Owens & Minor was the sole winner of this year’s Premier Polaris Award, which the company has won for four consecutive years. The Polaris Award winner is chosen by the Premier members and recognizes the company’s success in aligning contract performance with customer service expectations. The Polaris Award is reserved for Pinnacle supplier winners that also “exceed the qualitative expectations of Premier members by delivering high relationship value and excellent customer service to member hospitals.”
- For the second year in a row, Owens & Minor won Honorable Mention for the Premier Supplier Diversity Award.
“For years Owens & Minor has supported Premier alliance members as they work to improve healthcare,” said Premier Chief Operating Officer Mike Alkire. “As a winner of the Polaris Award for the past four years and the sole winner for the last two years, we’re confident that they are helping increase safety with cost-effective, quality products. We’re honored to present them the Polaris award again this year, as well as the Pinnacle Award for the fourth consecutive year.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts