TORONTO, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Tucows Inc. (NYSE AMEX:TCX, TSX:TC), a global provider of domain names and other Internet services, today announced that its mobile phone service Ting would unveil a shared data plan on February 2, 2012, four months prior to this announcement.
"Putting multiple devices on one plan was pretty straightforward," explained Ken Schafer, EVP Products, "the main challenge was figuring out the time travel part."
Starting February 2, 2012, Ting customers will be able to share data, as well as voice and texts, across unlimited devices on one account. Each active device will cost just $6 a month. The value gets better as the total usage increases, amounting to huge potential savings for businesses and families. There are never any overage penalties or premiums and there are no limits or fees on features like tethering.
"Again, we think this just makes sense for mobile phone users," explained Tucows CEO Elliot Noss. "People are wasting a ton of time and money on multiple accounts.""I think we showed tremendous initiative and hustle by launching this in the past. It appears our competitors will be following suit in the near future." While the Ting announcement actually comes a day after the big shared data plan announcement from Verizon, the Ting plan itself will precede Verizon's June 28 launch by nearly five months. Check out the Ting blog at ting.com/blog for the complete story, the Ting plans at ting.com/plans for more details on rates and features and the Ting savings calculator ting.com/calculator to see how much money you could be saving. Noss also hinted at plans to launch a shareware site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV