SimCorp, a leading provider of investment management software and services for the global financial services industry, today announced an upcoming webinar on June 14, 2012. The webinar will focus on the importance of accounting systems, especially the risks tied to out-of-date platforms, including inaccurate valuation and reporting on client accounts; inability to calculate performance and exposure across all holdings; compliance breaches; failure to detect fraud and other significant operational errors that could damage a firm’s reputation.
The webinar, entitled “ The Business Case for Replacing Legacy Accounting Systems,” will feature Sean Owens, Woodbine Associates’ Director of Fixed Income Research and Consulting, and Sevgi Eason, Sales Manager for SimCorp North America. The event will be moderated by David Kubersky, Managing Director for SimCorp North America.
In a recent survey of 100 executives from 58 buy-side firms across Canada and the US, over 56% of respondents admitted that they are not confident that their current accounting systems can accurately record all the events in the transaction lifecycle, including those related to OTC derivatives.
“Even though industry confidence is low in the current systems in place, there is inertia for change,” comments Matt Samelson, Principal at Woodbine Associates, the Stamford, CT-based consulting firm. “While it is a significant undertaking to replace the heart of record-keeping, what choice do we have if we want to equip our firms with the infrastructure needed to be successful?”The webinar will also discuss:
- The impact of legacy accounting systems on time-to-market for new products and new market entry
- Market dynamics such as regulatory reform and the Euro currency crisis that will initiate technology platform changes
- How to build the business case to justify technology improvements in accounting systems
|Date:||Thursday, June 14, 2012|
|Time:||1:00 pm EDT|
|Register:||To register for the webinar, please visit here|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV