The Board of Directors of Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE / Euronext Paris: PM) today announced a new three-year share repurchase program of $18 billion. It is anticipated that the new program will be initiated August 1, 2012, following completion of the existing three-year program of $12 billion which began in May 2010 and which will conclude ahead of schedule. As previously announced, PMI has a share repurchase target for 2012 of $6.0 billion.
The Board of Directors of Philip Morris International Inc. today also declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.77 per common share, payable on July 12, 2012, to stockholders of record as of June 27, 2012. The ex-dividend date is June 25, 2012.
“Since our spin-off from Altria Group, Inc. in March 2008, we have returned, on a cumulative basis, nearly $40 billion to our shareholders through dividends and share repurchases,” said Louis C. Camilleri, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.“Our announcements today are a further testament to our steadfast commitment to generously reward our shareholders over the long-term.” For more details on stock, dividends and other information, see www.pmi.com/investors. Philip Morris International Inc . Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 international brands, including Marlboro, the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in approximately 180 countries. In 2011, the company held an estimated 16.0% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.1% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. For more information, see www.pmi.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV