HAMILTON, Bermuda, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. (NYSE:OEH, http://www.orient-express.com), owners or part-owners and managers of 46 luxury hotel, restaurant, tourist train and river cruise properties operating in 23 countries, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to sell The Observatory Hotel, Sydney, to an international luxury hotel group. Orient-Express will continue to operate the hotel until the transaction closes, which is expected to be on August 8, 2012.
"It is a key objective of the Company's previously stated long term strategy to optimize its global portfolio for the purpose of reinvesting capital and improving its balance sheet. We are pleased to have made such positive progress in this strategy over the first two quarters of 2012," commented Philip Mengel, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
"Orient-Express believes in the long term potential of The Observatory Hotel, but it was not core to the Company's continuing business strategy. It will be acquired by a world class company that we are confident will make for a successful owner and employer that is committed to the hotel and its future."Martin O'Grady Vice President, Chief Financial Officer Tel: +44-20-3117-1333 E: email@example.com Vicky Legg Director, Corporate Communications Tel: +44-20-3117-1380 E: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Orient Express Hotels Ltd
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV