Inmarsat Enables Live Coverage Of The 2011-12 Volvo Ocean Race As Crews Sprint For Lorient
LONDON, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, brings live coverage of the penultimate leg of the 2011-12 Volvo Ocean Race direct into the homes of race followers around the world.
Live video streaming is being provided by Inmarsat's market-leading FleetBroadband 500™ service. It has brought the 2011-12 race to life through high quality live video footage direct from the race boats via the Inmarsat 4 constellation of satellites. Also onboard is a FleetBroadband 150™ for additional voice and data connectivity.
As they race towards Lorient the crews have been providing regular live broadcasts and interviews to the thousands of fans following the race online."Having FleetBroadband on the boats has revolutionised the way that we can bring the biggest and most challenging around-the-world yacht race to a global audience," said Jon Bramley, Director of Communications at Volvo Ocean Race. He added: "The Inmarsat service has been flawless and has enabled us to show live video even from the most extreme conditions of the Southern Ocean." "As the race draws nearer to its exciting conclusion and as the drama levels rise the live coverage over FleetBroadband really brings the race to life," said Chris McLaughlin, Inmarsat's Vice President of External Affairs. The FB500 and FB150 have been well used by all teams enabling them to link up with news broadcasters and they have now clocked up hundreds of live interviews from the oceans. This has given the teams and their sponsors widespread media coverage and kept them in touch with their fans. Each boat is also fitted with Inmarsat C for position reporting and to benefit from the Global Maritime Distress & Safety Service (GMDSS), which Inmarsat provides globally at no cost.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV