Sohu.com Inc (SOHU): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Sohu.com (SOHU) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Sohu.com fell 47 cents (-1%) to $44.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 380,400 shares of Sohu.com exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of one million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.04-$45.57 after having opened the day at $45.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.10. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: FactSet Research Systems (FDS), down 12.3%, Winland Electronics (WEX), down 12.1%, China Sunergy (CSUN), down 11.9%, and Zynga Inc Class A (ZNGA), down 10.3%. Sohu.com Inc. provides Chinese online media, search, gaming, community, and mobile services in the People's Republic of China. Sohu.com has a market cap of $1.72 billion and is part of the internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, equal to the average internet industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 11.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Sohu.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sohu.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Sohu.com Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV