Steel Dynamics (STLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Steel Dynamics fell 8 cents (-0.8%) to $10.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.9 million shares of Steel Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.30-$10.67 after having opened the day at $10.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.50. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Timberline Resources Corporation (TLR), down 6.1%, China Precision Steel (CPSL), down 5.4%, Pacific Booker Minerals (PBM), down 5.1%, and Atlatsa Resources (ATL), down 5%. Steel Dynamics, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel products in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Steel Operations, Metals Recycling and Ferrous Resources Operations, and Steel Fabrication Operations. Steel Dynamics has a market cap of $2.41 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 11.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Steel Dynamics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Steel Dynamics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Steel Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about STLD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV