ING Groep N.V (ING) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, ING Groep N.V fell 6 cents (-1%) to $5.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of ING Groep N.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.76-$5.94 after having opened the day at $5.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.98. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), down 5.3%, Investors Title Company (ITIC), down 4.4%, Crawford & Company (CRD.B), down 3.4%, and Crawford & Company (CRD.A), down 2.6%. ING Groep N.V., a financial services company, provides banking, investment, life insurance, and retirement services for individuals, families, small businesses, corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide. ING Groep N.V has a market cap of $23.33 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.4, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 5.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate ING Groep N.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates ING Groep N.V as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally weak debt management, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full ING Groep N.V Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ING
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV