Owens Corning Incorporated (OC): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Loser
Owens Corning Incorporated (OC) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Owens Corning Incorporated fell 23 cents (-0.8%) to $27.39 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of Owens Corning Incorporated exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.22-$28.10 after having opened the day at $27.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.62. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Breeze-Eastern Corporation (BZC), down 17%, Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp (APWC), down 5.6%, Highway Holdings (HIHO), down 4.4%, and China Ming Yang Wind Power Group (MY), down 3.9%. Owens Corning engages in the provision of composite and building materials systems worldwide. It operates in two segments, Composites and Building Materials. Owens Corning Incorporated has a market cap of $3.59 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Owens Corning Incorporated a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Owens Corning Incorporated as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Owens Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV