Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX): Today's Featured Health Care Loser
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International fell 42 cents (-0.9%) to $45.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.91-$46.75 after having opened the day at $46.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.41. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Prima Biomed Ltd. ADR (PBMD), down 12.7%, Biodel (BIOD), down 11.3%, AspenBio Pharma (APPY), down 9.6%, and Ventrus Biosciences (VTUS), down 8.7%. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and markets pharmaceutical products in the areas of neurology, dermatology, and branded generics. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International has a market cap of $14.84 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 105.5, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 112.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Valeant Pharmaceuticals International a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Valeant Pharmaceuticals International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV