Sanderson Farms Inc. (SAFM): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Sanderson Farms (SAFM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Sanderson Farms fell 63 cents (-1.2%) to $52.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 286,869 shares of Sanderson Farms exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 227,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.85-$54.25 after having opened the day at $53.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.53. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Tianli Agritech (OINK), down 7.5%, Bridgford Foods Corporation (BRID), down 5.1%, Cresud (CRESY), down 3.1%, and United Breweries Company (CCU), down 2.5%. Sanderson Farms, Inc., an integrated poultry processing company, engages in the production, processing, marketing, and distribution of fresh, frozen, and prepared chicken products in the United States. Sanderson Farms has a market cap of $1.24 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 7.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Sanderson Farms a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sanderson Farms as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Sanderson Farms Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV