El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, El Paso Pipeline Partners fell 27 cents (-0.8%) to $32.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 434,515 shares of El Paso Pipeline Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 431,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.70-$33.39 after having opened the day at $33.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.16. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: YPF Sociedad Anonima (YPF), down 7.8%, ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), down 7.1%, GeoMet (GMET), down 6.6%, and Quicksilver Resources (KWK), down 6.5%. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. engages in the interstate storage and transportation of natural gas in the United States. The company owns 100% interest in Wyoming Interstate Company, L.L.C. El Paso Pipeline Partners has a market cap of $6.86 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.7, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are four analysts that rate El Paso Pipeline Partners a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates El Paso Pipeline Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full El Paso Pipeline Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about EPB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV