FactSet Research Systems Inc. (FDS): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser
FactSet Research Systems (FDS) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, FactSet Research Systems fell $12.87 (-12.3%) to $91.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of FactSet Research Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 400,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $91.50-$96.83 after having opened the day at $95.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $104.57. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: Bridgeline Digital (BLIN), down 10.1%, Camelot Information Systems (CIS), down 6.3%, Webmedia Brands (WEBM), down 5.7%, and Image Sensing Systems (ISNS), down 4.7%. FactSet Research Systems Inc. provides financial and economic information to investment community worldwide. FactSet Research Systems has a market cap of $4.76 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate FactSet Research Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FactSet Research Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full FactSet Research Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV