Gentex Corporation (GNTX) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Gentex Corporation fell 13 cents (-0.6%) to $21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Gentex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.52-$21.25 after having opened the day at $21.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.13. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Enova Systems (ENA), down 10%, ATC Venture Group (ATC), down 9.9%, Navistar International (NAV), down 5.5%, and Chicago Rivet & Machine (CVR), down 2.9%. Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets electro-optical products for the automotive, commercial building, and aircraft industries primarily in the United States, Germany, and Japan. Gentex Corporation has a market cap of $3.17 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 28.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Gentex Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gentex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Gentex Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GNTX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV