FLIR Systems Inc. (FLIR): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
FLIR Systems (FLIR) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, FLIR Systems fell 13 cents (-0.6%) to $20.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of FLIR Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.45-$20.76 after having opened the day at $20.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.64. Another company within the Aerospace/Defense industry that decreased today was Breeze-Eastern Corporation (BZC), down 17%. FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets thermal imaging systems worldwide. The company operates through two divisions, Commercial Systems and Government Systems. FLIR Systems has a market cap of $3.26 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 15.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are three analysts that rate FLIR Systems a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates FLIR Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full FLIR Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV