ONEOK Inc. (OKE): Today's Featured Utilities Winner
ONEOK (OKE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, ONEOK rose 86 cents (2.1%) to $42.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of ONEOK exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.98-$42.07 after having opened the day at $41.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.19. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: CPFL Energy (CPL), up 3%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais (CIG), up 2.8%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (CLNE), up 2.4%, and TransAlta Corporation (TAC), up 1.9%. ONEOK, Inc., a diversified energy company, engages in the gathering, processing, storage, and transportation of natural gas in the United States. The company operates through three segments: ONEOK Partners, Natural Gas Distribution, and Energy Services. ONEOK has a market cap of $8.58 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 26, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 24.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are six analysts that rate ONEOK a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates ONEOK as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full ONEOK Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV