Deere (DE) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Deere rose $1.51 (2.1%) to $74.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Deere exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.38-$74.19 after having opened the day at $72.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.54. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: A123 Systems (AONE), up 51.9%, PMFG (PMFG), up 14.3%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), up 12.4%, and Wowjoint Holdings (BWOW), up 10.7%. Deere & Company provides products and services primarily for agriculture and forestry worldwide. Deere has a market cap of $29.56 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Deere a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Deere as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Deere Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV