Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Winner
Lululemon Athletica (LULU) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Lululemon Athletica rose $1 (1.6%) to $64.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Lululemon Athletica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.25-$64.36 after having opened the day at $63.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.21. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Frederick's of Hollywood Group (FOH), up 12.8%, Gildan Activewear Inc. Class A (GIL), up 9.1%, Spartech Corporation (SEH), up 6.9%, and Graphic Packaging (GPK), up 5.9%. lululemon athletica inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes athletic apparel for women, men, and female youth. Lululemon Athletica has a market cap of $7.22 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.6, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 51 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 51.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Lululemon Athletica a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lululemon Athletica as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Lululemon Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV