Suncor Energy Inc (SU): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Suncor Energy (SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy rose 78 cents (2.8%) to $28.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.41-$28.23 after having opened the day at $27.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.42. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Mountain Province Diamonds (MDM), up 10.6%, Cheniere Energy (LNG), up 9.2%, Apco Oil and Gas International (APAGF), up 8.5%, and Great Basin Gold (GBG), up 8.1%. Suncor Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company. Suncor Energy has a market cap of $44.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 9.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Suncor Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Suncor Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV