IRVINE, Calif., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ChromaDex Corporation (OTCBB: CDXC), an innovative natural products company that provides proprietary, science-based solutions and ingredients to the dietary supplement, animal health, food & beverage, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, announced today its co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Frank Jaksch, has been named CEO and President following the resignation of Jeffrey Himmel as CEO and President. Debra Heim has also chosen to resign as the company's COO and President of the Consumer Products Division.
Investor Dr. Phillip Frost commented on the announcement, saying, "I am grateful for Mr. Himmel's service to the company and respect his decision to return to his previous interests. I have complete confidence in the ability of Frank Jaksch to expand the analytical services and reference standards business while leading the company in the continued early-stage discovery and subsequent commercialization of natural products for health."
"While I have decided to step down as CEO of ChromaDex to resume my role as Chairman of the Himmel Group, I believe in ChromaDex's technology pipeline and future prospects," said Himmel.Jaksch, age 43, co-founded ChromaDex in 1999 . Under his previous leadership as CEO, ChromaDex developed a strong natural products and services business, expanded into international markets and built an impressive roster of Fortune 500 customers. "Having co-founded and spent more than a decade at ChromaDex, there has never been a time when I have had more enthusiasm for the company's potential for growth," said Jaksch. "I believe our legacy business remains strong and is poised to expand. I am most excited about our current efforts to develop novel compounds backed by intellectual property and human clinical studies, all with the aim of bringing healthy solutions for living to customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV