NEW YORK, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Scientific Games Corporation (Nasdaq: SGMS) announced today that it has agreed to assist the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania ("the Commonwealth") in its potential procurement of a private management agreement ("PMA") for the management of the Pennsylvania Lottery ("the Lottery"). Scientific Games has been the Lottery's exclusive supplier of instant ticket games and lottery systems and other services since 1997 and 1977, respectively. In support of the potential procurement for the PMA, Scientific Games will assist the Commonwealth in the due diligence phase of exploration. Should the Commonwealth execute a PMA, Scientific Games will continue in its current role as the exclusive supplier for the remainder of the existing agreements, including all contract extension options, ending in August 2017 and December 2018, respectively. Due to its role in this process, Scientific Games has not responded to the April 2, 2012 Request for Qualifications and will not bid on a private management agreement for the Lottery.
"Scientific Games is a valuable partner in our Lottery operations, and their industry expertise has helped the Pennsylvania Lottery establish itself as an industry leader," said Pennsylvania Lottery Executive Director Todd Rucci. "We're fortunate to be able to benefit from their industry insight and assistance in analyzing and optimizing a private management agreement that will preserve and expand upon the Lottery's security, integrity and success."
"We are extremely supportive of the Commonwealth's innovative approach toward exploration of a private management agreement," stated Lorne Weil, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Scientific Games. "Having been a trusted partner of the Commonwealth for a long time, we look forward to helping Pennsylvania achieve its long-term growth goals for the Lottery."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV