NORFOLK, Va., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) and the North Carolina Transportation Museum have announced the daily schedule for the display of the Norfolk Southern Heritage Locomotive fleet at the museum in Spencer, N.C., on July 3 and 4.
The schedule below applies to both days. A map of the museum will be available on site each day of the event.
- 8 a.m. - Gates open
- 8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Heritage Power Parade in the area south of the roundhouse. This is a photo event featuring each heritage unit separately and side-by-side with historic locomotives from predecessor railroads.
- 11 a.m. - Welcome, announcements, and safety briefing in the turntable area. Norfolk Southern CEO Wick Moorman will speak on July 3 only.
- 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Conrail locomotive family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Southern and Norfolk & Western family units.
- 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Norfolk & Western family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Conrail and Southern family units.
- 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Southern family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Norfolk & Western and Conrail family units.
- 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. - All 20 units around the turntable with NS locomotive 1030 (signifying NS' 30 th anniversary) on display.
- 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. - Night photo session. Schedule to be determined.
The Norfolk Southern Lawmen Band will perform in the afternoon.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children in advance, and $30 for adults and $20 for children the day of the event. Children 2 and under are free. Tickets can be purchased at the NCTM's web site or by calling 704-636-2889, ext. 237. Norfolk Southern employees and retirees are eligible for a $5 discount, with a limit of four tickets per purchase. Some restrictions may apply. Retirees must purchase tickets by phone to get the discount.Norfolk Southern Corporation is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway subsidiary operates approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products. Connect with NS http://www.nscorp.com/ http://www.facebook.com/NorfolkSouthern http://www.flickr.com/photos/norfolksouthern http://www.twitter.com/nscorp http://www.youtube.com/user/norfolksoutherncorp SOURCE Norfolk Southern Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV