McEwen Mining (MUX) is engaged in the exploration for and production of precious metals in the United States, Mexico and Argentina. This stock is trading up 6.8% to $2.63 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.47-$2.6552-Week Range: $1.96-$7.18 Volume: 1.45 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.7 million From a technical perspective, MUX is ripping higher here on light volume. This move is coming off of some previous support at around $2.42. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in MUX if it can manage to trigger a near-term breakout with high-volume. That breakout will hit once MUX takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $2.82, and then its 50-day moving average of $3.14. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 2,731,070 shares. If we get that action soon, then MUX could trade up towards its next significant overhead resistance level at $4.05, or possibly its 20-day moving average at $4.24. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV