Emulex (ELX) is a provider of a range of network convergence solutions that connect servers, storage, and networks within the data center. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $7.42 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.96-$7.6652-Week Range: $5.86-$11.19 Volume: 1.8 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.1 million >>Top 5 Tech Stocks in a Down Market From a technical perspective, ELX is soaring higher here on above average volume. This move is coming off of a near-term low of $6.38, which also marked an extreme oversold condition for the stock. Prior to this bounce off of $6.38, shares of ELX had a relative strength index reading of below 30. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if ELX can hold its near-term breakout above $7.29. Look for a sustained trend above $7.29 with strong upside volume flows that register near or above 1.1 million shares. If we continue to see that action, then ELX should easily re-test and possibly take out its 50-day moving average at $8.20 and its 200-day moving average of $8.31 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV