Theragenics (TGX) is a medical device company, manufactures, markets, and sells disposable devices and radioactive seeds to the surgical products and cancer treatment markets. This stock is trading up 17.6% to $2.07 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.02-$2.1052-Week Range: $1.18-$1.94 Volume: 580,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 35,697 Shares of TGX are soaring today after the company said it plans to repurchase up to $10 million worth of its shares in a modified Dutch auction tender offer. Under the terms of the tender offer, Theragenics stockholders will have the opportunity to tender some or all of their shares at a price within a range of $2 to $2.40 per share. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Headed Higher From a technical perspective, TGX is gapping up big here with monster volume. This move has pushed the stock into breakout territory, since shares have moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.94. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as the stock is trending above $1.94, and once it triggers its next major breakout. That major breakout will hit once TGX takes out some past overhead resistance at $2.29 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $2.29 with volume that's near or above 35,697 shares. If we get that action soon, then TGX could hit $3 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid any long grades if TGX trades back below $1.94 with high-volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV