Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors, in four therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory and metabolic diseases. This stock is trading up 8.7% to $7.69 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.20-$7.7552-Week Range: $1.23-$7.23 Volume: 26.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 15.4 million From a technical perspective, ARNA is ripping higher here on monster volume. This move is a continuation pattern from yesterday when the stock broke out above some past overhead resistance at $7.01 with high volume. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as ARNA is trending above $7.01, and once it triggers its next big breakout. The next major breakout will trigger for ARNA once it takes out $8 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close over $8 with volume that's near or above 15.4 million shares. If we get that action soon, then ARNA could easily continue its uptrend towards $10 in the near future. Arena shows up on a list of Hot Biotech Stocks Traded by Hedge Funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV