NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I know you all remember Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan. Well, I want you all to remember my 10-10-10 plan to find stocks that are worthy to be in your long-term growth portfolio. In addition to my three 10-10-10 points, I'll add two more criteria:
Criteria for a growth stock:
What if you can't find such a stock? Then, don't waste your money.
Today I found a nice pharmaceutical stock that fits my criteria: Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR).
According to Yahoo! Financial, Questcor provides drugs for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, nephrotic syndrome and infantile spasms indications. It's primary offering is H.P. Acthar Gel, an injectable drug. It also offers Doral for the treatment of insomnia. Acthar is sold primarily to specialty pharmacies and Doral to wholesalers.
In the last 20 trading sessions the stock is up about 12% and continues to climb. Review the hourly trading chart provided by Barchart and you'll see what I mean:
During the last six months while the market as measured by the Value Line Index is almost flat, QCOR was up around 10%:
Factors to Consider:Barchart technical indicators:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV