Patterson UTI (PTEN) is a land-based specialty drilling services company operating in the southwest, Gulf of Mexico and Canada. The company's stock sells at significantly lower price-earnings multiple compared with larger drilling peers such as Baker Hughes (BHI), with a P/E of 11; Helmerich & Payne (HP), with a P/E of 10; and Nabors (NBR), with a P/E of 14. Patterson also operates at a higher gross margin than those same competitors, with the exception of Helmerich & Payne.
When drilling picks up, and it will, Patterson-UTI is a compelling value investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV