MILLBURN, N.J. (Stockpickr) -- Did it really surprise most people that Facebook (FB) sold its shares to the public in an IPO at hugely inflated valuations, only to watch the share price head south nearly immediately? Even after plummeting 25% from its initial offering price, the stock is selling for 15 times sales and 51 times earnings. Luckily for Facebook, the company has some cash and no debt, but its enterprise-value-to-free-cash-flow ratio is an exorbitant 37.
Maybe investors still think that Facebook can grow into its valuation. I chose to look elsewhere for good value.
In my quest for value, I sought out stocks with low price-to-sales ratios, low enterprise-value-to-sales ratios and low P/E ratios. I came up with a somewhat eclectic group of seven stocks that fit these criteria.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV