NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Brian Moynihan had so much fun giving sworn testimony about the bank's disastrous 2008 acquisition of Countrywide Financial to attorneys for MBIA (MBI), he appears to be angling for a chance to do it again.
MBIA is suing Countrywide for fraud and breach of contract related to 15 mortgage securities, a case that is being watched closely since Bank of America still has untold billions on the line in related cases.
Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan has repressed his memories of the disastrous acquisition of Countrywide
New York State Supreme Court Judge Eileen Bransten ruled in April that Moynihan would have to give testimony to attorneys for MBIA. Though Moynihan became Bank of America's CEO after the Countrywide deal had been completed, he played an important role in overseeing the integration of the two companies.
According to a May 4 court transcript recently released to the public, lead MBIA attorney Peter Calamari told Judge Bransten he "did the deposition of Mr. Monaghan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV