Stewart Information Services Corp. ( NYSE-STC) vice chairman Stewart Morris, Jr. was honored with the first annual Joe Casa Award for Innovation today at the National Settlement Services & Compliance Summit in Cleveland. The Joe Casa Awards, sponsored by October Research LLC, honor men and women in the mortgage and settlement services industries for exemplary accomplishment in the areas of leadership, innovation and philanthropy.
"Stewart has been an innovative and inspiring presence in the real estate industry and the Stewart organization for almost 40 years," said Matt Morris, CEO. "He put Stewart Title on the map as an industry leader in real estate information technology, and we congratulate him on this esteemed recognition.”
Stewart Morris Jr. was honored with the award for his many technology firsts, including his role in the development and implementation of SureClose ®, the most widely used transaction management platform for the real estate, closing and mortgage industries. SureClose creates the online file for all of the parties in the real estate transaction, and improves not only our back-office file management, but also the way we communicate with our customers. Today, SureClose has more than 6.6 million real estate transactions online, and houses more than 130 million documents online.
He previously served as president and co-CEO of Stewart Information Services and president of Stewart Title, which he joined in 1973. Morris Jr. was elected vice president of Stewart Title in 1974, and was named president of Stewart Title and chairman of Stewart Title Guaranty Co. in 1991.Morris Jr. graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Rice University in 1971 and received a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Texas in 1973.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV