Lockheed Martin (LMT), which I also included in a portfolio of 7 Dividend Stocks Promising Growth and Protection earlier this year, is a U.S.-based defense contractor. In 2011, earnings per share and sales rose between 1% and 2%. 2012 is likely to be much the same for Lockheed Martin, due to the fiscal challenges of world governments.
Despite all of that, the company has managed to maintain a strong balance sheet and grow its dividends by about 22% a year for the past five years. After two years of slow growth and fiscal restraint, aging defense equipment and new technologies will spur on more growth in 2013 and beyond.
Lockheed Martin also shows up on a recent list of 9 High-Yield Stocks to Consider in Lieu of Bonds.National Retail Properties National Retail Properties (NNN) is a real estate investment trust that specializes in single-tenant retail properties. The company owns a portfolio of nearly 1,500 freestanding properties, with a total of approximately 17.0 million square feet across 47 states. According to the company, National Retail Properties has increased its dividend for 22 consecutive years and has returned on average 12.5% to shareholders over the past 15 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV