SEVILLE, Spain, June 12,
2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Abengoa, the international company that applies innovative technology solutions for sustainable development in the energy and environment sectors, has been selected to carry out the engineering, construction and start-up of one of the largest photovoltaic plants in the world, which will be located in the
USA and will have a capacity of 200 MW.
The plant, which will be constructed in Imperial Valley, south central California, will be one of the most important projects in the region. Abengoa has reached agreements with various local firms in order to promote the economic development of the region. The project is expected to create around 150 direct jobs during the design and development stages, as well as jobs with local subcontractors.
The contract, worth US$ 360 million, is due to be completed in 18 months and will come into operation progressively during the second half of 2013.
In line with Abengoa's philosophy on sustainability and respect for the environment, the plant's design will reduce atmospheric carbon emissions as well as generate significant energy and fuel savings.
Abengoa already has a presence in numerous states in the USA through its own offices and plants, such as the two solar-thermal power stations in the Arizona and Mojave deserts.
About AbengoaAbengoa (MCE: ABG) is an international company that applies innovative technology solutions for sustainable development in the energy and environment sectors, generating electricity from the sun, producing biofuels, desalinating sea water and recycling industrial waste. ( www.abengoa.com)
Communication Department contact Patricia Malo de Molina Melendez Loreto Gonzalez GoizuetaTel: +34 954 93 71 11E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Investor Relations contact Barbara Zubiria FurestTel: +34 954 937 111E-mail: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV