Apple announced a new mobile operating system, iOS 6, for the iPhone and iPad. Included in the new OS are a new map app, which offers 3D mapping and takes the app's back-end away from Google (GOOG). Apple also announced FaceTime over cellular networks, turn-by-turn navigation, and several other features, including Siri for the iPad, as the company adds functionality to the voice navigation assistant.
"The new maps are going to be a huge thing on the iOS side," said Pierre-Loïc Raynaud, during the interview. "Maps is really something great."
Siri been exclusive to the iPhone 4S before this, but is now available for the new iPad.In addition to several new languages, Siri can now be used for sports scores, statistics, and be used to launch apps as well. Apple is bringing Facebook (FB) integration for iOS 6, allowing users to "like" apps and send pictures directly to the social network. Last year, the company integrated Twitter into iOS 5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV