SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) - Apple (AAPL) threw open the doors of its Worldwide Developers' Conference on Monday, unveiling new hardware and software. While fanboys, journalists and investors didn't get quite everything they wanted, they got plenty to think about.
The buzz surrounding the event, held in San Francisco's Moscone Center West, was akin to a rock concert, with tight security, a line around the block, and an atmosphere of euphoria. Apple events are almost always sold out as the masses eagerly anticipate what's next from the tech giant.
Apple's Worldwide Developers' Conference starts on Monday
Here are three of the most important things we learned at Apple's WWDC conference:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV