Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ:MENT) today announced that Simco, Ltd. is using the Mentor® Embedded Inflexion® HMI product to develop its next-generation, screen-based vehicle instrument cluster human machine interface (HMI). Simco will show the proof of concept HMI at the Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum ( IESF) in Detroit, June 14, 2012.
“Mentor’s Inflexion product provides a straightforward HMI design environment to develop some of the most sophisticated instrument clusters that can also be easily reconfigured by drivers to meet their vehicle operation needs,” said Craig Ayres, CEO of Simco, Ltd. “With the combination of our electronic micro movements and Inflexion’s full color displays, our design team and our customers can bring any style and configuration into the next vehicle instrumentation program.”
With the Inflexion product, Simco is easing its development workflow and costs by being able to create a more sophisticated cluster HMI that replaces mechanical gauges with intelligent screen-based displays. Simco can now render a true “analog-style gauge” on color digital LCDs that can easily be reconfigured to meet drivers’ individual needs and preferences.
“We are happy to see Simco’s success with our Inflexion product,” said Glenn Perry, general manager, Embedded Software Division of Mentor Graphics. “We will continue to support them in their efforts to provide the most advanced instrument clusters tailored to the needs of their wide variety of transportation business customers.”Hundreds of embedded system developers across the world use the Mentor Embedded Inflexion UI product. Features and benefits include:
- graphically rich, dynamic 2D and 3D HMIs
- reduced development complexity and cost
- clean separation between HMI presentation and functionality, simplifying the interface between automotive original equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- uses any available OpenGL ES hardware graphics acceleration
- available on GENIVI, Linux®, Android, Nucleus® operating system, and other operating platforms
- available integrated with the Mentor Embedded IVI Base Platform, which integrates graphics, communication and multimedia middleware with libraries, system infrastructure, and management components on top of Linux and relevant drivers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV