REDMOND, Wash., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MegaFon, the second-largest mobile and broadband operator in Russia and neighboring countries, has recently implemented a large-scale project, installing Windows 7 Enterprise on all its computers in the head office and eight branches, as well as in OJSC "MegaFon Retail." As a result of its migration to Windows 7, MegaFon has noted better and faster employee performance, a reduced number of calls to the service center, and improved fault-tolerance and security of all systems. The newly adopted operating system is also expected to save the company money on IT infrastructure support, maintenance costs and even on energy consumption.
"The first tests indicated that Windows 7 is exactly what our company needs. It provides better opportunities in terms of access to information, ease of use for both users and administrators, improved software reliability and security, and overall reduced costs for computer fleet operation and administration," said Konstantin Yunov, IT director of MegaFon.
Because of the improved fault-tolerance of Windows 7, the service center receives 40 percent fewer calls concerning operating system issues. At the same time, in case any problems arise, specialists in the service center can solve them using special tools to access a remote Windows desktop, which eliminates the need for the physical presence of specialists and shortens troubleshooting time."Today the project implemented by MegaFon is one of the most large-scale Windows 7 adoptions in Russia," said Maria Melkova, head of the Department of Microsoft operating systems promotion in Russia. "And we are pleased to receive such positive feedback from specialists of the company." The migration to Windows 7 for the head office took three months, and the branches required 11 months. The new operating system was installed by MegaFon internal specialists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV