Sovran Self Storage, Inc. (NYSE:SSS), a self storage real estate investment trust (REIT), announced today the acquisition of two self storage facilities in Chicago, IL and in a separate transaction, one in Miami, FL. The combined purchase price of all three properties was $36.1 million and was funded through advances on the Company’s line of credit and operating cash flow.
The Class “A” properties total 246,000 square feet and feature state-of-the art amenities and design. Located in affluent, high density markets on major thoroughfares, the self storage facilities are well aligned with the Company’s disciplined growth strategy.
“We are extremely pleased with the acquisition of these high quality assets into our portfolio. The Miami store is a great addition to our southeast Florida presence, and the Chicago market is one we’ve been looking to establish a foothold in for some time,” said David Rogers, Chief Executive Officer.
Each of the storage facilities will be rebranded under the Uncle Bob’s Self Storage ® name and fully integrated into the Company’s operating platforms.Sovran Self Storage, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed equity REIT that is in the business of acquiring and managing self storage facilities. The Company operates 449 self storage facilities in 26 states under the name “Uncle Bob’s Self Storage” ®. For more information, visit www.unclebobs.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV