Capstead Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: CMO) announced today that it will pay a second quarter 2012 dividend of $0.40 per common share on July 20, 2012 to stockholders of record as of June 29, 2012.
Capstead Mortgage Corporation, formed in 1985 and based in Dallas, Texas, is a self-managed real estate investment trust for federal income tax purposes. Capstead earns income from investing in a leveraged portfolio of residential adjustable-rate mortgage pass-through securities issued and guaranteed by government-sponsored enterprises, either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac (together, the “GSEs”), or by an agency of the federal government, Ginnie Mae.
Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-looking StatementsThis document contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, any statement that may predict, forecast, indicate or imply future results, performance or achievements, and may contain the words “believe,” “anticipate,” “expect,” “estimate,” “intend,” “will be,” “will likely continue,” “will likely result,” or words or phrases of similar meaning. Forward-looking statements are based largely on the expectations of management and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to, the following:
- changes in general economic conditions;
- fluctuations in interest rates and levels of mortgage prepayments;
- the effectiveness of risk management strategies;
- the impact of differing levels of leverage employed;
- liquidity of secondary markets and credit markets;
- the availability of financing at reasonable levels and terms to support investing on a leveraged basis;
- the availability of new investment capital;
- the availability of suitable qualifying investments from both an investment return and regulatory perspective;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting the GSEs and similar federal government agencies and related guarantees;
- deterioration in credit quality and ratings of existing or future issuances of GSE or Ginnie Mae securities;
- changes in legislation or regulation affecting exemptions for mortgage REITs from regulation under the Investment Company Act of 1940; and
- increases in costs and other general competitive factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV