Updated with increased earnings estimates from UBS analyst Brennan Hawken, and with stock information for JPMorgan.
Because the new regulatory capital rules announced by the Federal Reserve exclude most trust preferred equity from Tier 1 capital, the regulatory changes qualify as a "Capital Treatment Event," allowing JPMorgan Chase to redeem the relatively high-yielding securities at par value, rather than at their premium market values. The following trust preferred issues will be redeemed:
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XV, Series O, with a coupon of 5.875%, for $92.9 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XVII, Series Q, with a coupon of 5.850%, for $500 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XVIII, Series R, with a coupon of 6.950%, for $750 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XX, Series T, with a coupon of 6.550%, for $909.6 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XXII, Series V, with a coupon of 6.450%, for $913.8 million.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XXV, Series Y, with a coupon of 6.800%, for $1.5 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XXVI; Series Z, fixed-to-floating-rate, for $1.8 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XXVII, Series AA, with a coupon of 7.000%, for $1 billion.
- JPMorgan Chase Capital XXVIII, Series BB, fixed-to-floating-rate, for $1.5 billion.
UBS analyst Brennan Hawken on Tuesday raised his 2012 earnings estimate for JPMorgan Chase to $4.70 a share from $4.65, and his 2013 EPS estimate to $5.55 from $5.45, "driven by the redemption of the TruPS."Hawken maintained his "Buy," rating for the shares, with a price target of $46, and said the target "assumes JPM will trade at 1.3x our 4Q12
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV