TUALATIN, Ore., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CUI Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: CUI), a platform company dedicated to the acquisition, development, and commercialization of new, innovative products and technologies, today announced it has delivered and installed its first retail units of the Vergence™ GasPT2 device. The units, purchased by National Grid (LSE: NG) in the United Kingdom (UK), are being installed at Adnams Brewery in Suffolk, UK. Further units are scheduled to be installed at a similar facility in Roundham, Norfolk, UK. Both facilities produce biogas which is to be injected into the UK natural gas network, owned and operated by National Grid.
In addition, Scotia Gas Networks has ordered units for its biogas facility in Poundbury, West Dorset, UK, while the Wood Group have placed retail orders for the Vergence devices as part of a National Grid contract to upgrade gas compressor stations on the National Grid transmission pipeline at Cambridge, Diss and Chelmsford.
According to a 2009 report from National Grid, "up to half the [UK's] domestic gas heating could be met by turning waste into biogas." As explained by National Grid's Sustainable Gas Group, "Biogas has benefits on so many fronts. It is renewable and could help to meet the target of 15% of all our energy coming from renewable sources by 2020. It provides a solution for what to do with our waste with the decline in landfill capacity and it would help the UK with a secure supply of gas as North Sea sources run down."For its part, Adnams Brewery, through Adnams Bio Energy Limited (ABE), has announced the completion of its groundbreaking anaerobic digestion (AD) plant, which will be the first in the UK to use brewery and local food waste to produce renewable gas for injection into the national gas grid as well as providing gas for use as a vehicle fuel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV