SAN JOSE, Calif., June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR ®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced that it will showcase several innovative solutions for cable operators, including a groundbreaking DOCSIS3.0 gateway integrated with 802.11ac wireless technology, at the ANGA Cable show taking place June 12- 14 in Cologne, Germany. In addition, NETGEAR will also demonstrate its 24 x 8 channel bonded DOCSIS ®/Euro-DOCSIS gateway to support up to 1.2Gbps downstream and 320Mbps upstream data rate.
The NETGEAR 802.11ac DOCSIS3.0 gateway supports wireless connectivity that is up to three times faster than today's 802.11n routers. With multiple antennae and dual band WiFi, the cable gateway increases the coverage area for HD streaming in the home while enabling consumers to download web content from any device in the home significantly faster than it would take on a similar 802.11n device.
The upcoming 802.11ac wireless standard is the world's fastest WiFi, providing gigabit WiFi speeds allowing for web content to download faster, and large video or music files to synch more quickly. The increased speed of 802.11ac technology is ideal for mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, by providing up to three times the performance for a similar amount of battery consumption of devices utilizing the current 802.11n WiFi standard.Other advanced features of the NETGEAR 802.11ac DOCSIS3.0 cable gateway include:
- NETGEAR Genie ®: This app for PCs, Macs, iOS and Android ® smartphones and tablets enables home users to control, monitor, repair, and manage their home networks easily through a simple, elegant dashboard.
- Guest network access: The NETGEAR Genie app makes setting up a guest network simple. Guests and visitors can go online through the gateway without the need for secure login information. The guest network also prevents users from seeing and accessing a household's computers, printers, storage devices and other home network devices.
- ReadySHARE ® USB Storage ACCESS: Easy shared access from any computer in your home network to external USB storage connected to the gateway.
- Media Server-DLNA: The DOCSIS3.0 cable gateway is DLNA ready and can stream to any DLNA compatible device in your house, including the latest Smart TVs, Blu-ray ® players, media players, game consoles, handheld devices, tablets and more.
- NETGEAR Live Parental Controls: Centralized, flexible, and reliable parental control solution for all the devices on the network, including Macs, Windows PCs, smartphones and tablets, for a safe online environment for children and teenagers. No subscription is required.
- IPv6 Ready: Supporting IPv6 on both DOCSIS ® and LAN.
- Packet Cable/EuroPacket Cable 1.1 and PacketCable 2.0 scalable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV