Texas Instruments climbed 1.1% to $27.95 after the silicon specialist forecast revenue between $3.28 billion and $3.42 billion, compared with prior guidance of $3.22 billion to $3.48 billion. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for sales of $3.35 billion.
|Texas Instruments narrowed its second-quarter guidance after market close.|
The Texas-based firm now expects to earn between 32 cents and 36 cents a share versus a previous estimate of 30 cents to 38 cents. Analysts expect 41 cents a share.
Texas Instruments shares closed down 3.1% at $27.65 in regular trading today.--Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV