Omnicare (OCR) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Omnicare fell $2.96 (-8.9%) to $30.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.4 million shares of Omnicare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.37-$33.09 after having opened the day at $32.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.36. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Shengkai Innovations (VALV), down 11.3%, Bluelinx Holdings (BXC), down 10%, Rada Electronics Industries (RADA), down 6.4%, and Olympic Steel (ZEUS), down 6.1%. Omnicare, Inc. operates as a healthcare services company that specializes in the management of pharmaceutical care in the United States and Canada. Omnicare has a market cap of $3.72 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.5, below the average wholesale industry P/E ratio of 33.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Omnicare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Omnicare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Omnicare Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about OCR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV