Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM): Today's Featured Energy Loser
Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Exxon Mobil Corporation fell 57 cents (-0.7%) to $80.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17.6 million shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.17-$81.85 after having opened the day at $81.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.84. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: BPZ Resources (BPZ), down 12%, Endeavour International (END), down 11.7%, Hallador Energy (HNRG), down 11.4%, and GMX Resources (GMXR), down 10.7%. Exxon Mobil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, and manufacture of petroleum products, as well as transportation and sale of crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products. Exxon Mobil Corporation has a market cap of $377.32 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.7, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate Exxon Mobil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Exxon Mobil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Exxon Mobil Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV