Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Nippon Telegraph & Telephone rose 17 cents (0.8%) to $20.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 433,895 shares of Nippon Telegraph & Telephone exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 632,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.87-$21 after having opened the day at $20.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.73. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Micronetics (NOIZ), up 94.8%, BOS Better Online Solutions (BOSC), up 24.8%, Helios & Matheson Information Technology In (HMNY), up 23.2%, and Onstream Media Corporation (ONSM), up 17.5%. Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services to residential and corporate customers in Japan. Nippon Telegraph & Telephone has a market cap of $50.84 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.1, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 9.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Nippon Telegraph & Telephone a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nippon Telegraph & Telephone as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its growth in earnings per share. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NTT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV