Heckmann Corp (HEK): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Heckmann (HEK) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.1%. By the end of trading, Heckmann rose 3 cents (1%) to $3.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Heckmann exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.08-$3.14 after having opened the day at $3.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.07. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Gafisa (GFA), up 8.3%, Goldfield (GV), up 5.3%, Jewett-Cameron Trading Company (JCTCF), up 1.9%, and Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI), up 1.7%. Heckmann Corporation operates as a services-based company focused on total water and wastewater solutions for shale or unconventional oil and gas exploration and production. Heckmann has a market cap of $454.4 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 54.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Heckmann a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Heckmann as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Heckmann Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV