LPL Investment Holdings (LPLA) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, LPL Investment Holdings rose 22 cents (0.7%) to $33.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 373,660 shares of LPL Investment Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 548,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.93-$33.70 after having opened the day at $33.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.98. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Paulson Capital (PLCC), up 13.5%, Crescent Financial (CRFN), up 13.5%, Penson Worldwide (PNSN), up 12.1%, and Credit Suisse (DGAZ), up 12%. LPL Investment Holdings Inc. provides an integrated platform of brokerage and investment advisory services to independent financial advisors and financial advisors at financial institutions in the United States. LPL Investment Holdings has a market cap of $3.64 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.9, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate LPL Investment Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates LPL Investment Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full LPL Investment Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LPLA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV