NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, NVIDIA Corporation rose 14 cents (1.2%) to $12.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 20.8 million shares of NVIDIA Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.23-$12.73 after having opened the day at $12.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.12. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Micronetics (NOIZ), up 94.8%, Hoku (HOKU), up 11.7%, Daystar Technologies (DSTI), up 11.4%, and NeoPhotonics (NPTN), up 11.2%. NVIDIA Corporation provides graphics chips for use in smartphones, personal computers (PC), tablets, and professional workstations markets worldwide. It operates in three segments: Graphic Processing Unit (GPU), Professional Solutions Business (PSB), and Consumer Products Business (CPB). NVIDIA Corporation has a market cap of $7.36 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.5, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate NVIDIA Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NVIDIA Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full NVIDIA Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NVDA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV